A Drone That Can Let You Ride, Happy Times for Star Wars and Star Trek, The Good Effects of Coloring for Adults
Hello Snackable News readers,
Here are today’s main news ingredients:
Our crunchy appetizer for today is glazed with information on missing arm girl adopting a kitten with a missing limb, a new drone that can let you ride, Pizza Hut’s newest venture and Yahoo’s Layoff strategy.
Our edible main course is garnished with news on Star Wars: The Force Awakens box-office success and the felicitation of Star Trek on its golden jubilee.
Lastly, our fruity and delicious dessert is a perfect combination of news on Vin Diesel expressing his compassion for Paul Walker, the good effects of coloring for adults and L’Oreal’s introduction of a new sensor that warns against skin burn.
- Missing Arm Girl Adopts Missing Limb Kitten: Fate sure has its way! A little girl called Scarlette who lost her arm to cancer as an infant has adopted a pet kitty with similar physical challenges. Born with an abnormal large left arm, Scarlette underwent several surgeries to get rid of the foul cancer. Her parents were of the opinion that having a pet with similar disabilities will help their little girl take inspiration and cope with difficulties just like the kitten. Now, that’s a well-done act!
- New Drone Designed to Fly Passengers: Until now you could only fly drones, but come 2016 and you can ride one! Designed to fly a passenger around short distances at a low altitude without the need for you to man the controls, the EHang 184 is a delectable treat for all flight lovers. The enormous drone is equipped to handle the takeoff, journey and landing process. Featuring a weight limit of 220 pounds the EHang 184 also showcases a small trunk that can fit a backpack or travel bag. There’s also air conditioning in the cabin. While we’re not sure about how safe it is, the newest addition to the drone family is a perfect combination of sweet and sour.
- Pizza Hut to Sell Branded Clothing: Pizza Hut was certainly thinking pizza’s when it decided to explore the garments segment. That’s right; the much-acclaimed brand will soon be selling exclusive clothing called Hut Swag. Some of the steamy items on board will be hats, shirts, socks, scarves and sunglasses. While we certainly back up this new initiative of Pizza Hut, we wonder what the clothes and accessories would be embossed with. Sounds Cheesy!
- Yahoo to Fire 10% of its Workforce: Employees at Yahoo are soon going to face the brunt of the knife. A recent report suggests that Yahoo is planning to cut at least 10% of its workforce as a part of organization restructuring. Insiders reveal that the company’s soaking itself in varied practices just to find a new path forward after a three-year turnaround failed to revitalize the business. Yahoo has decreased its headcount by 14% over the last year in a steady drip of layoffs; however, the tech giant still employs more than 10,000 people. Slicing by 10% means that more than 1,000 people would leave Yahoo.
- Happy Times for Star Wars and Star Trek: Makers of Star War and Star Trek are in for a divine treat. Reports suggest that Star Wars: The Force Awakens is now the highest grossing film of all-time at the domestic box office, surpassing Avatar’s $760.50 million record in just 20 days.The makers expressed their gratitude stating that it’s the continued support and enthusiasm of the fans that has led Star Wars to become a cult.
On a similar note, Star Trek which has spawned off TV series, movies, novels and comics is felicitated and honored on its 50th anniversary. The United States Postal Service is issuing a series of colorful commemorative postage stamps to mark the enduring success of the flavorsome series.
- Vin Diesel Sings in Memory of his Late Co-star Paul Walker: In fond memoir of his late co-star Paul Walker, Vin Diesel broke out into Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth’s ‘See You Again’. The Fast and Furious actor got emotional while accepting the awards for Favorite Action Movie and Favorite Movie at the People’s Choice Awards. Diesel, your heartfelt compassion make our hearts melt too!
- Adult Coloring Books Boost Mental Health: Gone are the days when coloring books were limited only for children. Adult coloring book is the hot quotient of 2016. Crayola, the famous crayon makers just launched a collection of adult coloring books, Coloring Escapes. While coloring is a great hobby, expert suggest that the delectable form of art is perfect to reduce anxiety, create focus or bring about more mindfulness as it permits users to switch off from other thoughts and focus only on the moment, helping to ease stress.
- L’Oreal’s Sensor Warns against Sunburn: Worried about sunburn, don’t be! L’Oreal has come up with a full-flavored mechanism that warns users if they’re getting sunburned. Known as My UV Patch, the sensor looks like a heart sticker and can be worn for several days. Users can take a photo of the patch and upload it to La Roche-Posay app to determine how much UV-exposure they’ve experienced that day. L’Oreal stated that the aim in developing the new product was to educate users about skin cancer prevention and aging.