American Dentist Accused of Killing Africa’s Most Popular Lion
- American dentist, Walter James Palmer
- Charges for hunting a popular lion in Africa
- The American dentist from Minnesota, paid $50,000 to hunt Cecil the lion with a crossbow and rifle
- The team of hunters tracked and killed the lion with a gun, 40 hours later after shooting him down with a bow and arrow
- Cecil the lion was under observation for a research project by UK based Oxford University and had a GPS collar fitted around its neck
To cut it short
Two Zimbabwean men – a professional hunter and a farm owner in association with American Dentist Walter James Palmer have been charged with poaching offences for hunting a lion at Zimbabwe’s National Park. While the dentist was quick to apologize about the innocent kill, he defied the charges stating that he had legal permits from local guides to hunt in that area.
He expressed deep regret for his action that resulted in the death of Africa’s favorite wild. However, the authorities at the National Park confirmed that the tourist had no legal permit to hunt, thereby justifying the offence of the convicted. Justified or not, what disheartens us is why do destructors of life disguise themselves as saviors of lives in white!