An Engagement Announcement in Classifieds, Istanbul Hit by Blast, iOS 9.3 to Facilitate Easy Reading at Night
Our light, yet juicy appetizer for today is seasoned with hot updates on an engagement announcement in classifieds, Microsoft’s notice to discontinue Internet Explorer and Lionel Messi being awarded Ballon d’Or.
Our main course is soaked with distressing news on Istanbul hit by a blast.
Lastly, our sugar-coated dessert is a tantalizing combination of information on an alarm that doesn’t shut and iOs 9.3 to facilitate easy reading at night.
Enjoy our well-presented delights! Happy Reading!
- An engagement Announcement in classifieds: While we love the idea of having engagement news featured in the print, we find it amusing to have it in the classifieds. Rupert Murdoch has announced his engagement to Jerry Hall in the births, marriages and deaths section of the Times newspaper in London. Insiders reveal that the 84-year old media mogul must have paid close to £300 ($US436) for the classified with an extra fat buck for a black border. The crisp classified reads exactly as a classified ad should. Let’s raise a toast not only to the new couple, but also to an ingenious idea!
- Microsoft to Discontinue Internet Explorer: Microsoft’s Internet Explorer has been like a cup of early morning tea for many. However, the tech giant has announced to discontinue its older versions to safeguard users. Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge will yet integrate with Cortana. Representatives from Microsoft suggest that using rotten older versions of explorer may make users susceptible to viruses, malware and other malicious software that can steal your data or hijack your PC.
- Lionel Messi Honored with Ballon d’Or: Ace football player Lionel Messi received the Ballon d’Or, given to the world’s best player, for a fantastic 2015. Messi out beat Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar with 57 goals and 22 assists. The world-class football player is a hot favorite with sports fan having also won FIFA World Player of the Year in 2009.
- Istanbul Hit by Blast: A serious bomb blast has ripped through a popular tourist destination in Istanbul, Sultanahmet. The Turkish President has strongly condemned Syrian links for the blast. Reports indicate that 10 people have been killed while another 15 have been injured. Reports also confirm that foreign tourists were among the casualties. While a few organizations and countries have retorted to only violence starting the beginning of this year it breaks our heart to see innocent people being slaughtered!
- An Alarm that Doesn’t Shut: Love sleeping the extra five minutes while your alarm snoozes? Not anymore! A new alarm known as Ruggie, the floor mat alarm clock forces you out of bed before you get time to rub your fluffy eyes. Ruggie is a soft, memory foam ‘smart rug’. It has been equipped with built-in speakers and a sensor that only mellows down once you stand on it for three seconds. That’s not all. The alarm pulls you out of your fizzy state making funny sounds and motivational quotes. With an alarm as persistent as Ruggie who dare sleep an extra five seconds!
- iOS 9.3 to Facilitate Easy Reading at Night: If you love infusing yourself into your tech device at night, here’s some fragrant news. The upcoming iOS 9.3 update will feature a mechanism called ‘Night Shift’ that will change the colors of the light emitted by your iPhone or iPad’s display, based on the time of day. So the next time you hear anyone saying that mobile screens interfere with your sleep pattern, let them know of this juicy delight!