Cheese Can Fight 30 Types of Cancer, 62 Rich People Have Half the World’s Wealth, AOL to Rebrand
Here are today’s main news ingredients:
Our marvelous appetizer for today is sautéed with information on cheese that can fight 30 types of cancer, Uber to venture into helicopter business and AOL’s rebranding exercise.
Our main course comprises of decadent information on 62 rich people owning half the world’s wealth.
Lastly, our sweetened dessert is whipped with a funny video on Racism.
Enjoy our lip-smacking treats!
- Cheese to Fight 30 Types of Cancer: The next time you find yourself feeding on cheese, quit the guilt trip. A recent research indicates that Cheese has a natural food preservative called Nisin which can destroy and kill cancer cells. The colorless and tasteless product that grows in dairy products has the capability to fight 30 types of cancer. Nisin works in a way where it binds with bacteria and works before antibiotic-resistant superbugs have the chance to act. It works to destroy colonies of bacteria that group together to stop antibiotics. While the test has proven successful with animals, it’s yet to see if Nisin will act the same way in humans.
- Uber to Venture into Helicopter Business: Sky’s the limit! We’ve often heard this, but Uber is taking this very seriously. The car-ride service is looking to expand its business through on-demand helicopter rides. Uber is said to be partnering with Airbus, a European aircraft company to realize its dream. From cars to boats to on-demand food and package deliveries, Uber sure has a caramelized expansion plan.
- AOL to Rebrand: Verizon owned AOL; the company that operates into digital distribution of content, products and services is facing an identity crisis. While most people connect with AOL as their mail service, there are thousands who have no knowledge that AOL also owns some of most edible and exquisite websites as Huffington Post, TechCrunch and Engadget. In an effort to build up the missing fragment, AOL is looking to rebrand its identity in 2016. While we love AOL for what it is, we are certain that the new identity will be finger-licking good too!
- 62 Rich People Have Half the World’s Wealth: The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. This has been a persistent ritual since ages and will continue to be. A recent report from Oxam International indicates the world’s 62 richest billionaires have as much wealth as the bottom half of the world’s population. The report further explains that he wealth of the poorest 50% dropped by 41% between 2010 and 2015, despite an increase in the global population of 400m. In the same period, the wealth of the richest 62 people increased by $500bn (£350bn) to $1.76tn. While world leaders have expressed their concern over this situation in the past, no concrete actions have ever been taken to avoid giving the rich the large slice of cake.
- Racist Glasses: Imagine sipping a hot cup of coffee when all of a sudden you find a pair of glasses that let you see through the eyes of a racist. Rudy Mancuso was sitting in the park when he found the pair of racist glasses. A well-shot tape, the video very subtly expresses a strong message. ‘Stop Being Racist or Offensive to Others’. Watch the video to have a hearty laugh.