Here’s Why Jordan Should Be Your Location of Choice for Starting a Business
- The weather & the people
- Great startup ecosystem
- Massive investment opportunities
- Large potential market
- Talented workforce
- Low running costs
- 75% of the Arabic content found online is generated in Jordan
- In 2011, a startup accelerator called Oasis500 was founded in Jordan and has accelerated the growth of 100+ successful international startups so far
To cut it short
Despite regional instability, Jordan has been long recognised as a vibrant startup hub that attracts people from all over the world. The country’s recent digital technology and entrepreneurship boom has unlocked countless startup opportunities, which make Jordan one of the best Arab countries for starting a business. Here are some reasons that explain why:
- The weather & the people. The two most important factors of anything in life. Wherever you go and whatever you do, people will greet you with a warm, friendly welcome. The weather is quite incredible as well. It’s not too hot in the summer, and not too cold in the winter. In other words, it’s almost right all year long. Where else can you get that? Seriously!
- Jordan has a great startup ecosystem. Surprised? You shouldn’t be, really; in recent years, Jordan’s startup ecosystem has taken off quite strong. After all, startups like ArabiaWeather, Jamalon and Madfoo3atCom were all created in the kingdom.
- Massive investment opportunities. For many reasons, some of which are a highly profitable environment, high success rate and political stability, investing in promising early-stage startups in Jordan is something that seems of great interest to potential investors and VCs.
- Large potential market. Even if you’re thinking of not going international with your startup, the consumption rate in Jordan alone will suffice. At any given day of the year, you have a 10+ million potential market of locals, foreigners, expats, and refugees from neighbouring countries.
- Talented workforce. Boasting a great educational system, the country is producing consistent generations who are hungry to instil change. They are after all producing 75% of the Arabic content on the internet!
- Low running costs. When you compare Jordan to other startup hubs in the world, you’ll quickly realize that it is one of the best countries that’ll help you stretch your funding as much as possible! The internet connection costs next to nothing, rent and ofice space are much cheaper than you would imagine and paying salaries here are a fraction of what you’d give in any other major city.
If there’s one thing that can be slightly altered to make the kingdom an even better startup hub, it’s that the government needs to encourage entrepreneurship by simplifying its laws and regulations regarding starting businesses. This will enable Jordan to compete with big players such as the UAE and will boost the economy. The benefits are limitless!