Hussam Alikaj: How Not To Make a Website
- Hussam Alikaj: founder of Websity
- Things to avoid when creating your website
- Hussam Alikaj, a Syrian entrepreneur living in Jordan, founded Websity (translated as My Website) in 2013 after 15 years of experience in the field
- Websity is an online site builder that helps you create your website without the need of any coding or design skills (yes there is such a thing, and yes it is real!)
To cut it short
Our story today is a little different than all the other ones we’ve done so far. Instead of telling us funny or strange incidents that have happened to him during his journey as Websity’s founder, Hussam decided to give us some tips and big no-no’s when making a website.
- Stop using LARGE logos!
- Two colours are more than enough, no one likes rainbows anymore
- No matter what your friends told you, your website won’t be indexed on Google 30 minutes after going live
- Using photos from other websites is actually illegal
- A 10 kb picture that you find online will probably not work for that big slider you want on your homepage
- Finalise your content before developing your website, because nothing is more tedious than editing and re-editing
- Our services are unfortunately not free, but you’re always more than welcome to try and use websity