Jordanian Space Ventures Fund Invites Ideas For Space-Based Technologies
- Create startups and encourage innovation & entrepreneurship
- Use of space-based technologies
- The Jordan Space Ventures Fund (JSV) is a joint initiative between Oasis500, the King Abdullah II Fund for Development (KAFD), the European Investment Bank (EIB) and the European Space Agency.
- The recognized ideas will be provided with a seed investment of 50,000-250,000 euros, mentorship and training for up to six months.
- The fund will be publicly hurled after the first closing of total investments of 7.8 million euros.
The Jordan Space Ventures Fund is inviting students, young entrepreneurs and anybody with ideas for space-based technologies to benefit from the Arab world’s ‘first fund’. The fund will provide Jordanians a chance to outshine and innovate in the field of space-based technologies and applications for the benefit of society.
While innovation, social and environmental objectives are at the key elements of the JSV strategy, it aims to encourage budding entrepreneurs to provide new elucidations to prevailing social and environmental problems.
The JSV strategy will not only empower Jordanians, but also help create new jobs and drive socioeconomic advancement. The JSV concept looks at creating success stories that will upsurge awareness of space applications and raise the development of this sector in Jordan and across MENA.