Lady of the Sun Prosecutes eBay Over Rights to Sell Plots of Land in Outer Space
- Things you’ll only see on eBay
- Woman attempts to sell bits of the sun
- 54 year old Spanish woman alleges ownership of part of the Sun since 2010
- The lady received about 600 orders for pieces of the Sun before eBay blocked her
- Lady of the sun is demanding around 7,500 pounds from eBay as compensation against her non-received payments
To cut it short
The Spanish woman was selling bits of the sun for €1 per square meter on eBay. However, the online auction house has pulled her listings identifying it as a breach against its intangible goods policy. The lady claims that the sun is a tangible product and even though the ‘Outer Space Treaty’ forbids a nation from owning the celestial bodies, it doesn’t prohibit individuals in owning the space objects. While the woman has filed a legal lawsuit against the e-commerce giant for blocking her account, a Spanish court will handle the proceedings against eBay in mid-July. Now only if building a home in space was this easy!