New To Social Media? Tips To Get You Started
- Choosing a social media platform
- General tips
- 93% of U.S. marketers use social media to reach out to customers
- Around 71% adults who are online everyday use at least one social media platform
Truth is, unless you have an army of community managers and moderators, it would be impossible to use numerous social media platforms effectively at once. So read on to learn basic things that you should consider before stepping foot into the social media world.
- Figure out which channel your customers are using
If you don’t know who you’re targeting and where to find that segment, the odds are you’re going to fail (sorry to say this so bluntly). Do your homework, you’ll find wonders online. For example, did you know that 85% of Pinterest users are females?
- Figure out what makes your audience tick
After realizing where your audience is, you have to find out what triggers them; what causes them to get excited, feel pain, what interests them, etc.
You have to know that most fans interact with a brand on social media if it’s offering any of the following:
– Customer service and interaction
– Discounts, special offers and competitions
– Engaging and entertaining content
- Figure out the platforms that fit your brand
If your customers are women, then you’re most likely going to find most of them on Pinterest. But is your company ready to have a presence on Pinterest? Does your company have the visual appeal for Instagram? Do you have the resources to create successful Facebook campaigns? Food for thought…