Snackable News For Feb 18
Our crunchy appetizer for today is primed with some juicy information on a 5D disc that can store 360TB of data, the dangers of sugary hot drinks and how myopia is the new-age epidemic.
Our main course is an enticing read on the on-going Apple and FBI war.
Lastly, our sizzling dessert is a delectable treat highlighting the health benefits of consuming cocoa.
- 5D Data Disc Can Store 360 TB of Data: From 3D technology to 5D, scientists have discovered a new form of storage device that can save up to 360TB of data. The relishing storage disc is developed using a technology called femtosecond laser writing, which creates small discs of glass using an ultrafast laser that generates short and intense pulses of light. Dubbed as ‘Superman memory crystal’ the delectable disc can not only store huge chunks of data, but also survive temperatures up to 1,000°C (1,832°F). Sounds delicious!
- Dreadful Sugary Hot Drinks: A recent study sheds light on the dangers of sugary hot drinks. It states that a cup of coffee contains up to 25 teaspoons of sugar per serving, which is extremely fatal for the body. The research further explores how intake of sugary liquid in a short time spikes the sugar levels in the blood. Such sugar leads to fat creation under the skin especially in the guts, liver and pancreas. It can also damage the immune system and increase calories in the body. The only way to resist this rotten energizer is religious exercising and reduced proportions of hot drinks in a day!
- Myopia is the New-Gen Epidemic: With advances in science, it yet remains to be explored what is leading to the rise of myopia (nearsightedness). While some scientists suggest that the foul vision problem is something to do with eye fatigue from computer use and other extended near vision tasks, some state that myopia is a genetic predisposition. Certain researchers have been able to slow the progression of myopia in children through the use of special contact lenses or eye drops. However, no specific cure has been traced. We hope a quick solution to the raging epidemic is discovered soon!
- Apple and FBI War: The FBI has issued a petition demanding Apple to support the FBI in retrieving a locked iPhone 5c used by one of the San Bernardino shooters. The statement demands Apple to build a new delectable firmware to permit the FBI to execute an infinite, high speed instinctive force attack and place that firmware on the device.
While the fight isn’t over whether Apple can comply in creating a new firmware, the fight is whether Apple should comply with this order. If Apple makes this enticing software, it will evade security of not just one customer, but many! In addition, if these requests scale high, it is guaranteed that the tools will be leaked and used by criminals in the near future. Hence, Apple opposing the court order is valid.
Also, if one company creates a customized tool for the government officials it is guaranteed that others will be pushed to create such tools as well! Hence, let’s all voice our opinion and support Apple in its fight against FBI’s unjustified request.
- Chocolate Enhances Mental Health: A recent study states that consuming cocoa can prove beneficial to mental health. It stated that consuming chocolate in moderation can help recall past events and is a good source of energizer for the brains. While the research focuses on the advantages of eating cocoa, we must note that consuming chocolates in excess can lead to other dietary disorders. If you’re really looking to boost your mental health, why consume chocolates when almonds work better?