Snackable News For Jan 31: It Was Only Yesterday We Welcomed 2016!
It looks like it was only yesterday when we welcomed 2016 with open arms. But fast forward and we’ve arrived at the last day of the first month. To ensure that the year ahead is filled with wholesome goodness, we at Snackable News have picked up only inspiring stories to get you started with a new beginning.
Our juicy appetizer for today is seasoned with information on Google’s Project Skybender to deliver 5G Internet, Earth being formed from collision of two planets and Planet Pluto being covered with frozen water.
Our flavorful main course is garnished with information on Giethoorn, a small town in Netherlands that is connected only with canals.
Lastly, our fruity dessert is infused with information on an adventurous guy who is living his dream of visiting 30 countries before he turns 30.
Enjoy our tantalizing treats!
- Google’s Project Skybender to deliver 5G Internet: If it’s Google, it has to be finger-licking good! A report suggests that Google’s new project called ‘Project Skybender’ aims to deliver 5G Internet from solar drones. The project is utilizing millimeter wave transmissions to beam internet from the sky. The tech giant is currently using an optionally piloted aircraft (OPA) called Centaur and a solar-powered drone called Solara 50 made by Titan Aerospace for its tests. Known for its crunchy and flavorsome innovations, Google will certainly pioneer the new technology.
- Earth Made from Collision of Two Planets: A new breakthrough study reveals that Earth is made up of two planets. The study indicates that the two planets came together in a head-on collision that was so violent it formed the Moon. The collision between a small planet called Theia and the early Earth led to the formation of a new planet. However, a small piece of the planet was knocked off to form the Moon. Also, recent investigations state that the Moon rocks have the same oxygen isotopes as on Earth. Scientists believe that the crash with Theia happened roughly 100 million years after the Earth formed, almost 4.5 billion years ago. Whoa! That’s a fluffy discovery!
- Pluto Enclosed with Frozen Water: If Snow Queen Elsa is bored of Arendelle; she might as well take a trip to Pluto. The icy planet is discovered to have abundant frozen water making it perfect for a habitable planet. Covered with ice, snow, glaciers, frozen water and mysterious moons, the tiny little planet is host to a variety of goodness essential for human life. Looks like after Mars, Pluto could be another planet to help save Earth from its overgrowing population!
- The Village with Canals: If there’s one location that recent movie-makers need to explore, it is the small town of Giethoorn in the Netherlands. Famous for canals, the heavenly abode has no roads dismissing the need for cars, buses, etc. The idyllic tourist locale is connected from one place to another through all-purpose boats, inflatable boats and small boats for rent. That’s not all. Only electric motors are used in boats here, no diesel engines permitted. Perfumed with fresh air and a soothing ambience, the town of Giethoorn is a succulent treat!
- An Adventurous Guy is Living His Dream: Every year on our birthdays we vow to live our life’s to our hearts content. However, very few of us can live it up! 28 –year-old Phil Duncan from Liverpool is visiting 30 countries before he turns 30 experimenting with his favorite food pizza at each of the locations. Wow! Isn’t that a cheesy dream? Wish you luck Phil!