Top 5 Arab Startup Accelerators
- Oasis500 (Jordan)
- Flat6Labs (Egypt, KSA, UAE, Lebanon)
- Tenmou (Bahrain)
- Berytech (Lebanon)
- Turn8 (Dubai, International)
- Oasis500 offers the only comprehensive entrepreneurship training, seed investment, acceleration and mentorship program in the region
- Based in 4 locations,Flat6Labs is a regional startup accelerator program that fosters and invests in bright and passionate entrepreneurs
- Bahrain’s first Business Angels company, Tenmou provides both mentorship and capital to potential Bahraini entrepreneurs in the seed-stage
- Established in 2001, Berytech was the first in the region to receive the EU accreditation as a Business Innovation Center
- Launched by DP World, TURN8 is a remarkable collaboration between enterprise and innovators to foster a global entrepreneurial and innovation culture
To Cut it Short
1- Leading the race in Arab startup accelerators’ list, Jordan-based Oasis500 is ranked as number 1 in the region with its 4-day workshop and its competitive funding ($30,000 – $50,000 for ICT and $31,000 for CCI), incubation and acceleration period. It is behind the success of ArabiaWeather, Sheaply, our very own SnackableNews and many other Arab startups.
2- Flat6labs invests $10-15K in seed funding, features top professionals from the region as mentors and supports startups by giving them office space, legal support and huge networking opportunities
3- Live Gaming, Bahrain’s Gaming Center and Reality Animation Studios are a few startups that have been funded by Tenmou. Their investors are not angels but rather established businessmen and successful entrepreneurs known as ‘Business Investors’.
4- Managing 3 business development centers and the Beirut Creative Cluster, Berytech in Lebanon has been responsible for numerous startups including Instabeat and Cook and Eat.
5- Focused internationally, Turn8 has backed numerous local, regional and international startups. It provides seed investment, mentoring & coaching, business training, work place, and everything else that a startup might need. Startups can apply for round 8 here.