Wael Attili: “Why Do You Have To Work at Kharabeesh?”
- Wael Attili, Chief Creative Officer at Kharabeesh, Storyteller, Producer, Filmmaker & creative consultant
- 8-year Kharabeesh journey
- Kharabeesh, founded in 2008, is an edgy, provocative and experimental Arabic online entertainment network that produces and publishes online shows, short films and series
- Kharabeesh is an informal Arabic word that means doodles
To cut it short
– “Tell us a funny incident that has happened to you during your Kharabeesh journey”
– “Well I can give you hundreds of stories about the name, the team, and random things that happen to us on daily basis. Did you know that we only just hung up our Kharabeesh sign outside the company? For 8 years, people didn’t know who we were or what we did because there was no sign!
The name Kharabeesh always seemed like a really good idea, it’s new, it’s different, and people can relate to it. But when things got serious and I started meeting important and influential people, I realized that you can never introduce yourself as one of the founders of a company called Kharabeesh and be taken seriously.
There was also an incident at my daughter’s school a while back. Her teacher asked the entire class what their fathers did for a living, and when it was my daughter’s turn to answer, she said I worked at Kharabeesh, which instantly made the entire class laugh hysterically. My daughter came back home that day crying her eyes out and screaming WHY DO YOU HAVE WORK AT KHARABEESH?!”