Yahoo Employees in Turmoil Owing Suspensions
- Unspecified number of dismissals
- Slashes are across multiple groups
- Sources report that engineers are not a part of the dismissal program
- Designers, program and product managers are being bid a farewell
- The suspended employees will be provided with two months’ severance though their 2014 year-end perks are being poised
To cut it short
Yahoo, the multinational internet corporation is struggling hard to sustain its former brilliance. In an attempt to restructure its current operations, the web portal is now looking at trimming its services and shut down areas that don’t generate enough profits. The move is driven by CEO Marissa Mayer who in the past has favored lighter cuts, unlike this week’s expansive layoffs.